How to Play?
When you go to your favourite Canadian Microgaming casino and click to play Thunderstruck II, you’ll be greeted with the familiar layout of a standard 5-reel game. The difference here, and it’s important to keep in mind when it comes to betting, is that there are no paylines. Instead, there are what is called 243 ways to win. What this means in practical terms (if you’re having a hard time picturing it) is matching symbols from left to right garner you a win, no matter their precise position on the given reels.
Try This Game
Betting here is like any online slot machine. Just click either the plus or minus sign (+/-), at the bottom of the screen to set your coin value. Then select the number of coins you’d like to bet, or if you prefer, go for the ‘Bet Max’. Once your bet is set, simply click ‘Spin’ and see what fate has in store…
As for symbols, there are some pretty epic ones here (this is a mythically inspired slot machine after all). They include:
- Thunderstruck II logo wild symbol – This is a multi-purpose symbol. First of all, it can turn “losing” symbols into winning ones. Second, it serves as a multiplier, potentially doubling your winnings in the process.
- Thor’s hammer scatter symbol – Three or more of these scatter symbols gain you entrance into the Great Hall of Spins, one of this game’s standout bonus features, with its potential to unlock more and more features, and even greater rewards as you play (details below).
- Mood setting symbols – Each of the game’s Norse gods has a symbol here including Thor, Odin, Valkyrie, and Loki as well as a regal palace and Viking ship. Even the 9, 10, J, Q, and K are special here, with their stone carved, blue-toned style.
At a maximum of 1,000 coins, unlocked by hitting five matching symbols in a row, the jackpot is not the highlight of this game. The maximum payout of 2.4-million coins is the more impressive potential here.
There are two extremely noteworthy features in this game:
- The Great Hall of Spins – Triggered by 3 or more Thor’s hammer scatter symbols along the reels, the Great Hall of Spins can earn you more and more features and rewards once you enter as follows:
- 1st-4th time you enter – You get 10 free spins from Valkyrie with a 5X multiplier.
- 5th-9th time – 15 free spins from Loki plus the “wild magic” that potentially creates additional wild symbols on the third reel.
- 10th-14th time – 20 free spins from Odin plus an up to 6X multiplier.
- 15 times or more – Enjoy the grand welcome from the god of thunder himself, Thor, with 25 free spins and “rolling reels” for potential consecutive wins with an up to 5X multiplier.
- The Wild Storm – The Wild Storm feature is randomly triggered as you play. Watch as a storm cloud gathers at the top of your screen, Thor soars into the heavens, and releases a lightning bolt that will turn one or more of your reels into wilds, for the potentially biggest wins of this game.
Since Thunderstruck II is a Microgaming online slot game, and pretty much all Microgaming casinos are web-based, including their mobile app, it’s safe to say that Thunderstruck II is compatible with all tablets and smartphone devices.
Graphics and Sounds
Thunderstruck II is a highly stylized game, taking all the details into account to create a true Nordic god inspired adventure online. In addition to the animated graphics of the gods, their palace and their ship, there’s a stunning soundtrack that ranges from ominous to downright riveting.
The gods are present here, and the ambiance is rich for adventure! If you’re looking for some epic play, then Thunderstruck II is your destiny.